My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I am a High School English teacher on an education leave. I am presently working on figuring out blogging while reading piles of information on "what's good teaching."

Thursday, September 23, 2004

How do boys learn best?

I'm wondering if school would improve for boys if it was somehow different. Are there ways that boys learn that we don't do in school very often? Are boys different than girls in how they learn? At what age do boys decide they don't like school and why? Do you like school? Why or why not?

These are questions that I'm pondering and I'm looking for feedback. It would be helpful if you let me know whether you are a male or a female (if you wish) and what age range you are. It might also help if you told me what position you are in that effects your perspective ie/ I'm in grade 10, or I teach high school, or I am a pastor, or I have 2 boys of my own - anything that will help me know where you formed your opinions.

If you can't think of anything to write, consider the following question instead: "If you could make school more enjoyable or more tailored to how you would like to learn, what changes would you make?"

Thanks for your help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home